Low Voltage wiring for your new home
Building a new house or just a remodel? Spend a few minutes planning your low voltage wiring.
If you are in the process of building a new house, there are thousands of planning decisions that need to take place before work begins. From floor plans to fan blades, every detail is covered. While some details take high priority (3 bedrooms or 4 bedrooms?), the plan for STRUCTURED CABLING low voltage wiring (audio video systems, TV’s, lighting automation) is usually pretty low priority. In fact, most homeowners only think about low voltage wiring after they have moved in. This creates more work for them and cost issues, and sometimes even discourages them from having the Audio Video System they actually want.
With the products available today for surround sound, lighting control, and home automation, it is definitely worth the time to sit down and map out a plan for these items well before interior design or even framing.
To help get you started, consider these questions:
- Where do you want to place TVs? This is important because we need to have the proper wires in place and pull them back to the designated equipment area.
- What are you going to use for TV, cable, satellite, or standard off-air antenna?
- Are you planning to have surround sound in your home?
- Do you want music distributed throughout your home?
- What components do you currently have that you would like to incorporate with the new system?
- Where are you planning to place your equipment? i.e. audio receiver, cable, or satellite equipment?
- Do you have the proper shelving to accommodate the size of your components?
- Is there proper ventilation in the component cabinet to keep equipment from over-heating?
- Do you have provisions that allow for wire paths between components?
- Are you planning to have one room as a dedicated home theater room?
- Have you considered a projector for your theater-room? If so, are you making the wiring provisions that will allow this?
- Do you want to be able to control lights and audio components from your iPad or tablet?
These are just a few questions that should be answered prior to beginning construction on your new house. Overwhelmed? Don’t be. At Home Theater San Diego we offer a wide range of product options and technologies that improve your lifestyle. Whether you need help designing your dream home theater room or if you’d just like some speakers on the back porch, we can help!
Give us a call today for a free low-voltage home theater consultation.